Note from users
Design & Materials
Performance & Hardware
- 8%Less than half day
- 24%Less than a day
- 40%One day
- 24%More than one day
- 4%Two days or more
- 30%It comes with a clean operating system
- 64%It has preinstalled apps but they don't bother me
- 6%It has preinstalled apps that I can't uninstall
- 22%Once a year
- 43%Every six months
- 28%Every two months or less
- Good screen picture, highly breakable screen. Good ram, bad gpu.
The bezels on the sides are thin and the screen picture quality is pretty good but bad in sunlight. Lags in games - even in non video graphics intensive games. I should have gone for an mtk x10 powered phone instead. The screen easily breaks even on a low fall.Positives
- Screen color / picture
- Screen easily breaks due to the metal side
- Gpu is bad-cant play graphics intensive games
- nice, fast, cheap, strong
Need: bigger battery, better speaker, upgrade the fingerprint sensor, update the camera software.
Some small bugs noticed: return to default ringtone after every reboot, not open the specific call block function (only you can block groups), unable to transfer apps in sd extend card only to choose which one will be the primary (phone or external), the face recognition routine need to be rewrite.
After using it for 8 months I broke my screen. I decide to buy other phone in the range of +200$.
My overall impression is you get what you pay. Many optimization issues just out of the box, but lot of them solved with firmware updates. I see elephone announce many new models >5 that's not good. I'd prefer to offer 1 or 2 new models and to have better support in the models that's already out.
ELEPHONE you need to take care more serious the software optimization... putting high-end hardware doesn't mean anything, it must be supported.Positives
- ok for the money
- sound level and quality
- GPS not accurate
- fragile screen
- some bugs in software
- BT connection is buggy
- NFC connection buggy (tested with ASUS Zenphone2)
- Overall nice phone, but has some considerable flawsPositives
- Comfortable size for 5.5 inch display
- LTE B20 band (800 MHz)
- Fast in everyday tasks
- Not heating up
- Good front and back cameras
- Weak screen protection from scratches
- Screen responsiveness below average
- Terrible external speaker
- Poor sound with headphones
- Non-accurate GPS
- Issues with proximity sensor
- Bought 2 of these P9000 both faulty
P9000 #1: Had SIM card removed fault, appears that this is caused by the dual sim holder not supporting the SIMs correctly - sent back.
P9000 #2: Only had 2 SIM card removed errors but touch screen erratic behaviour, long and short press of home button without touching it, took video and sent to Elephone to prove. Returned phone after 2 day.Positives
- Battery life
- Screen issues
- SIM holder useless
- AutoVery bad
It is not resistant, its camera is broken, the keypad is bad, it is not very powerful, the brightness is sooo bad, although it is saved in terms of sound.Positives
- Basic apps can be used
- Price for its construction.
- I shine and as I do not fit more aspects the buttons
- AutoWrong. The touchpad did not work well. They changed it for another and the same.
I get the feeling that Elephone assembles uncertified pieces of first brands, so you play with the components. In my case the first p9000 had problems with the touchpad, which had parts that did not work. I exchanged it for another in warranty and the same thing happened in a similar area. In addition, the first one was restarted and the bluetooth was pure garbage. The fatal GPS in both terminals. In short, never again Elephone.
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
- 3.7 Design & Materials
- 5.2 Performance & Hardware
- 5.8 Camera
- 6.6 Connectivity
- 3.5 Battery
In this case, to determine the score we evaluate 5 general aspects:
- Design and screen
- Hardware and performance
Once these 5 factors have been rated, we introduce the price variable. This means that any two devices with the same ratings get a different Ki score for quality vs price.
Even a device objectively worse than another may have a higher Ki score if it has a better price.
The Ki varies as time goes by. As new devices with better specifications enter the market the Ki score of older devices will go down, always being compensated of their decrease in price.