Note from users
Design & Materials
Performance & Hardware
- 7%Less than half day
- 20%Less than a day
- 28%One day
- 41%More than one day
- 4%Two days or more
- 33%It comes with a clean operating system
- 52%It has preinstalled apps but they don't bother me
- 11%It has preinstalled apps that I can't uninstall
- 9%Once a year
- 22%Every six months
- 15%Every two months or less
- Beautiful screen that freezes dozens of times per day!
The camera is nice on this phone and the sound quality is excellent. The problems are just too numerous to recommend this phone, however. The phone freezes continually. It will go to the homescreen wallpaper and then freezes. It does this DOZENS of times per day. It will even do this if you are in the middle of a call or texting. HORRIBLE phone!Positives
- Nice camera
- Great sound quality
- Bezel-less screen
- Continually freezes and must be rebooted.
- Phone is too wide to be held comfortably.
- Promising but could be better
This phone is too wide for my grip, I like it slimmer and thinner. My Antutu benchmark is only 90.656, and not 100.000 as Kimovil states, too bad. The wifi is excellent, no remarks there. It gets incredibly hot though when playing video over the internet, I was afraid it was gonna burn up.Positives
- Screen resolution
- Gets hot with video
- No updates
- Too wide
- very smart, beautiful phone under 200euro
Power : "4gb ram potential"- my Elephone S8 still shows RAM usage under 2k from 4K. I dont have many apps in my phone.. I using basic apps like a Chrome or Massanger, Whatsapp. And i still have 1,74gb or 1,40gb ram from 4...If I restart the phone..i have 1,9gb for few minutes
Battery - when I'm on my phone and I use wifi or mobile data and applications like a WhatsApp, Fb messenger, net browser, calls, sms, battery will last for two daysPositives
- very beautiful 2k display
- good battery in the cheap smartphone
- elegant design and very comfortable
- never frozen
- nice photos when it's cheap spartphone
- good videos
- 4gb ram "potential"
- Any update from the manufacturer (shame)
- it overheats in games (Tower Defens games)
- occasionally charges only on 98%
- late sound in videos
- occasional problems with android software
- OK for it's price, but that's it
It's performing nice for every days task but has some really annoying issues like:
- System UI freezes daily, e.g. when using graphical demanding app's
- WiFi reconnects all time, causing interruptions
- Phone started to shutdown sporadically after few months even with half battery
- Had potential on paper but the most unreliable phone i've ever had. Died after 2 months
Bought this phone thinking it had an incredible price for value.
On paper it was everything i needed which is a not too powerful phone, but good for common tasks and everyday usage, long battery life and nice screen.
But the phone can't even follow on a simple Clash Royale or instagram video, sound is always delayed with video.
It's really slow when scrolling down apps.
Inconsistent. battery life. Faling network
Then it died after 3 months. Never had a fall or a dent but it started shutting down on its own, sometimes couldn't get it to work for whole mornings (yes I tried factory reset)
And now I can't use it anymore because i know its going to shut down from one minute to the other.
I wanted to take a bet with a 200$ phone. I lost.
it's on me I should have stayed on travelled roads and go for a One plus or Xiaomi.
Now i'm back to using my old samsung S5 which has always been reliable
Never going for a shitty brand like that againPositives
- nice screen
- inconsistent battery life
- poor network
- poor photo quality
- too weak to even scroll down an instagram feed
- Shutting down on its own after 3 months
- Elephone S8 Great 6" 16:9 Screen, fast, well built and stylish phone for the money.
It is one of the best screens I have seen. Video enhancements for motion, color temperature, and text viewing that can be enabled in the settings. Demanding titles will lag at extreme details because of the high resolution. It would be nice if the developers could put in a slider to change resolution. With an aluminum build the phone feels very sturdy. The gloss back reflects light and is a very cool affect. On AT&T I am working off 3G/HSDPA+ for the most part with LTE/VoLTE in a couple areas. AT&T and T-mobile is the only carriers in US. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPU work good. Some of Elephone's promises were not kept on release... Helio X27 (got X25), Lumia Glass, NXP audio enhancement, SD card up-to 512GB. Auto focus is the main concern but you can bypass the issue with the flash turned off as well as the other enhancements. .Hopefully Oreo updates can fix camera focus and a few performance gaming issues with the addition of a resolution changer. .Positives
- Great 6" QHD 16:9 Screen
- Deca Core Processor with good 4 core GPU
- GPS locks fast
- 21MP front camera, 8MP Rear
- Stylish with glossy back,
- 802.11, a/ac/b/g/n/n 5GHz, MIMO.
- Lacks NFC, Wirless charging, Headphone jack
- Some games lag because of 2K resolution.
- Needs slider to change resolution (gaming mode)
- Camera hunts for focus with flash on, enhancements
- Failed promises... X27, MicroSD, Lumia, NXP audio
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
- 6.0 Design & Materials
- 6.4 Performance & Hardware
- 6.0 Camera
- 4.1 Connectivity
- 6.3 Battery
In this case, to determine the score we evaluate 5 general aspects:
- Design and screen
- Hardware and performance
Once these 5 factors have been rated, we introduce the price variable. This means that any two devices with the same ratings get a different Ki score for quality vs price.
Even a device objectively worse than another may have a higher Ki score if it has a better price.
The Ki varies as time goes by. As new devices with better specifications enter the market the Ki score of older devices will go down, always being compensated of their decrease in price.