Note from users
Design & Materials
Performance & Hardware
- 0%Less than half day
- 2%Less than a day
- 18%One day
- 58%More than one day
- 21%Two days or more
- 3%It comes with a clean operating system
- 85%It has preinstalled apps but they don't bother me
- 12%It has preinstalled apps that I can't uninstall
- 1%Once a year
- 33%Every six months
- 65%Every two months or less
- A good smartphone for the price.
Last major Android update was Pie.
Android security patches come every quarter.
The second camera can't be used to take photos; it helps the main one determine depth in photos.
3GB of RAM isn't enough for some people. Get a 4GB RAM variant if you plan to use this smartphone for at least two or three years.Positives
- Decent performance and battery life.
- Popular with custom ROM developers.
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge.
- High resolution LCD display.
- Has MicroSD card slot.
- Comes with protective case in box.
- Uses MicroUSB to charge.
- No Qualcomm Quick Charge adaptor in box.
- Rather large bottom bezel.
- Have 2 SIM cards or 1 SIM card and 1 MIcroSD card.
- Valid smart phone at low price
Brought it as it came out. Very good experience. The 636 chipset is good for what is worth, can handle normal browsing, video playback up to 4k (though the screen is only 1080p+), nice cameras for the price.
The fingerprint reader usually got "too dirty" after a couple of touches, making it close to useless, sadly.
- Best phone in 2018 I think
Well this sure is best Xiaomi phone I owned. I wanted to use it for years and that's what it does for me. Also quality is good and camera still satisfies me. Battery lasts a day of heavy use or two days with light use. Overall good value in 2018. Now 3 generations old but still good. Redmi Note series FTW.Positives
- Overall quality
- Some lag
- Camera glitch
- Retro looks
- One of the best value for money in 2018
I can't judge this phone by its preinstalled MIUI software skin because immidiately I got it I installed custom ROM on it. As far as other things are concerned this phone is awesome. It has good design, good display, good internals, good battery, good cameras, everything is perfect on this phone especially its price.Positives
- Build, design
- Full HD+ display
- Performance, RAM usage
- Plenty of custom ROMs
- Good battery life
- GCam port available
- Low screen to body ratio compared to other phones
- Slippery without case
- No USB Type C
- No AMOLED
- Power button buggy (takes several tries to lock)
- Fingerprint sensor buggy
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
- 6.3 Design & Materials
- 6.4 Performance & Hardware
- 7.2 Camera
- 6.8 Connectivity
- 6.9 Battery
In this case, to determine the score we evaluate 5 general aspects:
- Design and screen
- Hardware and performance
Once these 5 factors have been rated, we introduce the price variable. This means that any two devices with the same ratings get a different Ki score for quality vs price.
Even a device objectively worse than another may have a higher Ki score if it has a better price.
The Ki varies as time goes by. As new devices with better specifications enter the market the Ki score of older devices will go down, always being compensated of their decrease in price.