Technical sheet of Samsung Galaxy S8
Finding the best price for the Samsung Galaxy S8 is no easy task. Here you will find where to buy the Samsung Galaxy S8 at the best price. Prices are continuously tracked in over 140 stores so that you can find a reputable dealer with the best price
|Release date||March 2017, 4 years ago|
Samsung Galaxy S8 prices
Design & Materials of Samsung Galaxy S8
68.1 mm • 148.9 mm • 8.0 mmView 3D model Print 3D Model
|Usable surface||84 %|
|Materials||Aluminium alloy , Glass|
|Resistance certificates (dust, water)||IP68|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 px • WQHD+|
|Density||570 ppi • Very high density|
Performance & Hardware of Samsung Galaxy S8
|Model||Samsung Exynos 9 Octa 8895|
|CPU||4x Exynos M2 2.3 GHz + 4x Cortex•A53 1.7 GHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali-G71 MP20|
202.256 • Antutu v7
Overall performance better than 71% of devices
|Type||UFS Storage 2.1|
|SD Slot||Yes , Independent SD slot|
|Fingerprint||Yes, in the back|
|Notifications LED||Color LED Notifications|
Camera of Samsung Galaxy S8
|Pixel size||1.40 µm|
|Slow Motion Video||Yes, 240 fps|
|Pixel size||1.22 µm|
- PDAF focus
- Pixel Size 1.4µm
- sensor 1/2.3-inch
- Object tracking AF
- Focal length 26 mm (35 mm equivalent)
- Wide angle lens 77°
- f/1.7 aperture
- ISOCELL Sensor
- Pixel size 1.22 μm
- Sensor size 1/3.6
- Wide angle lens 80°
- Auto HDR
- Sony IMX320 Sensor or Samsung S5K3H
- DxOMark Score
There is not need supporting all bands for having coverage in the different types of networks. For example, if it does not support one band, could make you not to have 4G coverage in rural areas or having bad coverage inside buildings, but having it without problems in cities.Report an error.
Connectivity of Samsung Galaxy S8
|4G LTE||B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900), B12 (700), B13 (700), B17 (700), B18 (800), B19 (800), B20 (800), B25 (1900+), B26 (850), B28b (700), B28a (700), B38 (TDD 2600), B39 (TDD 1900), B40 (TDD 2300), B41 (TDD 2500), B42 (TDD 3500), B66 (1700/2100)|
|3G||B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B4 (1700/2100 AWS A-F), B5 (850), B8 (900), B34 (TD 2000), B39 (TD 1900+)|
|2G||B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B8 (900)|
Single SIM (Nano SIM)
SIM cards (MiniSIM) can be cut to MicroSIM, MicroSIM can be cut to NanoSIM and a SIM can even be cut to a NanoSIM (although not recommended). Download this SIM Cutting Template and forget about having to ask your operator for a new SIM...
|Standards||802.11a , 802.11b , 802.11g , 802.11n , 802.11n 5GHz , 802.11ac|
|Version||Bluetooth 5.0 LELow energy consumption|
|Supports||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo|
|USB On-The-Go (OTG)||Yes|
|USB Type C||Yes|
0.315 W/Kg on head,
1.270 W/Kg on body|
The European Union sets a limit of 2 W/kg averaged over 10 grams of tissue.
0.370 W/Kg on head,
0.750 W/Kg on body|
The FCC limit is 1.6 W/kg measured in a volume of 1 gram of tissue
- Audio Jack
- Radio FM
Battery of Samsung Galaxy S8
- 2%Two days or more
- 15%More than one day
- 41%One day
- 36%Less than a day
- 6%Less than half day
Software of Samsung Galaxy S8
Android 9.0 Pie
|Google Services (official)||Yes|
- 3%It comes with a clean operating system
- 78%It has preinstalled apps but they don't bother me
- 19%It has preinstalled apps that I can't uninstall
- 42%Every two months or less
- 48%Every six months
- 6%Once a year
User reviews about the Samsung Galaxy S8
Latest reviews added
- cristachestefan16Samsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FD3 months ago
- netherduck2001Samsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950F1 year agoMy first flagship phone, not dessapointed
It actually really good, for the most part.
The only big complain is that it's not very drop residents due to the curve on the screen and that it gets slow and has bad battery life after ~2years of heavy usagePros
- Design and premium Materials
- Very polished
- Enough storage and ram
- Good gallery app
- Gets slow and battery life suffers after 2 years of heavy usage
- Not drop resistant due to curve on screen
Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950F
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 ProGlobal · 6GB · 64GBvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
- Xiaomi Redmi 9Global · 3GB · 32GB · NFCvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
- Poco X3 NFCGlobal · 6GB · 64GBvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
- Xiaomi Mi 9TGlobal · 6GB · 64GBvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 ProGlobal · 6GB · 64GBvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10Global · 4GB · 64GBvsSamsung Galaxy S8Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FView comparison
Questions · FAQ
Frequently asked questions about the Samsung Galaxy S8.
What are the features of the Samsung Galaxy S8?
These are the main features and specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Screen: 5.8" Super Amoled
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 px · WQHD+
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 9 Octa 8895
What is the price of Samsung Galaxy S8?
The price of the Samsung Galaxy S8 in United States varies between 114$ and 329$ depending on the specific version and its features. Below you can see the current prices for the different Samsung Galaxy S8 versions:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 - Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950F: $ 114
- Samsung Galaxy S8 - Global · 4GB · 64GB · G950FD: $ 329
How good is the Samsung Galaxy S8?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 has an average score of 8.6 based on Kimovil user ratings.
How long does the battery of the Samsung Galaxy S8 last?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 battery has a capacity of 3000 mAh, and the estimated battery life is one day according to Kimovil users.
In which colours is the Samsung Galaxy S8 available?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is available in 3 colours: Black, Silver and Gray.
When was the Samsung Galaxy S8 release date?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 was unveiled on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
Which camera does the Samsung Galaxy S8 have?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 has a rear camera and its main sensor is Samsung S5K2L2 with a resolution of 12Mpx.
The information on this web site is not guaranteed. Kimovil is not responsible for inaccuracies, omissions or any other error in the information. Any warranties regarding this information are disclaimed. Total or partial reproduction of this site is prohibited in any manner without prior written permission. The trademarks, logos and device manufacturers, software, etc. are the property of their respective owners.Report an Error
- 7.8 Design & Materials
- 6.4 Performance & Hardware
- 7.0 Camera
- 7.8 Connectivity
- 4.4 Battery
In this case, to determine the score we evaluate 5 general aspects:
- Design and screen
- Hardware and performance
Once these 5 factors have been rated, we introduce the price variable. This means that any two devices with the same ratings get a different Ki score for quality vs price.
Even a device objectively worse than another may have a higher Ki score if it has a better price.
The Ki varies as time goes by. As new devices with better specifications enter the market the Ki score of older devices will go down, always being compensated of their decrease in price.